Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Megan Rambles About Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

From Goodreads:The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!!! Okay. Okay. *breathes* I will TRY to make this coherent. But I don't know how long it will manage to stay that way.

I read Hush, Hush a long time ago, probably well over a year, and I've also re-read it once since. It was a really good, quick read and I finished it in something like 3 days the first time I read it. So imagine my excitement when Crescendo came out! I'm sad to say that I was a little bit disappointed with that one. Nora and Patch both irritated me because they weren't listening to each other long enough to hear each other without screaming and fighting. Plus, I mean, Patch wasn't around as much because he and Nora were fighting. And I need my healthy dose of Patch.

I'm SO glad I can say that I LOVED Silence! (Rachel read it first, and you can see her review of it here). It's my favorite of the series so far! Which surprised me to be honest, because I wasn't expecting to like it when I first read the synopsis. I was all, "Really? She loses her MEMORY? Oh come on!" Then I started reading it, and at first I was kind of annoyed. It was sort of annoying when Nora didn't know something that had happened in one of the other two books because I knew what happened, and I was freaking out! But then, THEN, amazing things happened! The benefit of Nora losing her memory? She gets to fall in love with Patch ALL OVER AGAIN. And the readers get to fall in love right with her!

I LOVED watching Patch and Nora work their way back into each others' lives in this book. Everything that frustrated me about the two of them in Crescendo was gone, and they got to really start over, fix the problems they were having, and move on. As soon as Patch showed up, Nora's memory loss didn't bother me as much anymore. I was just so HAPPY. Because I mean PATCH. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM?? HE'S SO HOT!!!  *clears throat* Sorry about that. It was bound to pop out eventually. This book made me remember what I loved so much about Patch and Nora being together in Hush, Hush and it made me remember why I loved the series to begin with. Plus, I was lucky enough to get the Walmart edition with the bonus chapter from Patch's point of view, which was amazing of course.

And the ending? Well. All I can say is that I don't think October is going to come quite fast enough for me....
So the lesson here is to read this book, because it is amazing, and the best one of the series so far!

You've heard what Rachel and I both thought, and now we'd love to hear your opinion! Have you read Silence or any of the other Hush, Hush series? What did you think? Let us know in a comment below! We'd love to hear from you! 

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment